Techsmith Snagit 13 Key is the recent version of Snagit for Windows having been added on Nov 9, 2016. Snagit 13 is a handy tool for choice when you need to make advanced tutorials, presentations, and manuals.
The software is designed for use in quality screen capturing, capture editing, building websites, recording the screen and even the webcam.
Unlike the typical Photoshop software, Snagit 13 Key is designed with more advanced features that include the ability to capture a scrolling window.
Also, the software is designed with a large collection of tools for unrivaled image editing. The tools are usable in cutting, resizing, coloring, annotating, among other image effects.
If you had the previous Snagit versions such as Snagit 12, Snagit 13 allows you to import files from such previous version and import on Snagit 13 presets.
Further, unlike the traditional way of capturing the whole screen, it is now possible to capture a specific segment on the windows, scrolling area or screen region. This feature is enabled by the Panoramic Scroll function on the presets.
One of the features that have been enhanced from Snagit 12 is the Snagit editor. Snagit 12 users will notice that Quick Access toolbar has been deleted and replaced with a customizable main toolbar. Flags have also been removed, and now Snagit 13 has been replaced with tags that are displayed on the Snagit library.
More so, content created instantly shareable via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, FTP, and Email.
Supported File types:
- Audio(MP4, AVI, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, OGG, MP3, AIF..)
- Videos(AVC, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, MP3..)
- Photo images(TIF, PSD, WMF, PIC, PPT, DFX,GIF,HTM, PUB,FMV,EPS,CDR,EMF,ANI, GIF..)
- Email (all Outlook formats)
- Available in English, German, Korean and Japanese
- Enhanced capture and editing components
- Translucent user interface
- Hyper-stylized tool icon
- Windows and Mac supported versions
- Video capture of a screen region
- In- built Snagit library that’s accessible from the Snagit Editor
- Ability to switch between recording the screen and the webcam
- Ability to capture a short video and instantly make it into a GIF
- Simplified search filters for captures; search by when you took them and the website captured from
- Enhanced search feature for files by size, name, and date
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista( 64 bit)
- Windows XP (64- bit)
- Windows Server 2012 r2
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- 1BG RAM
- 4GB RAM for video capture
- 400MB available hard disc space
- 4 GHZ processor
- Dual- core i5 for windows capture
How to install and use:
- Click on the download link from TechSmith official website
- Once downloaded, install by double-clicking the downloaded file
- Accept the License Terms
- Click on the install button (A)
- Once installed Snagit 13 is ready to use
- If installing with MSI installer;
- Begin by exiting any Snagit versions on your PC
- Open start menu
- Key “run” on the search box
- Hit enter button
- Click Browse button
- Select “All files from” dropdown menu
- Extract MSI Installer file
- Select the file and ‘Open.’
- Add the command /qn shown in the Run Dialog
- Click Ok to initiate installation