Outlook Express is One of the most used Internet technologies these days is the email. We use it for work, personal communications and much more. There are a few popular email providers as Gmail and Yahoo but many people don’t know that there are also email clients that are integrated directly into your operating system. Newer operating systems are using services as Windows Live Mail but one of the best and loved providers has always been the Outlook Express. This is an email client that is integrated into your system so you can access your messages fast directly from your desktop.
It is important to note that the Outlook Express is a quite old program so chances are that it won’t work if you are running a new operating system. The software works best on Windows XP and previous versions.The software, even though it is not so new, has all necessary functions that you might need in your everyday life for editing and sending messages.
Key Features Microsoft Outlook Express For Windows 10
- First and foremost, the software is completely free to use.
- One of the most important reasons why Outlook Express is still popular is that it is very user-friendly and simple so communication is completed vary fast and effective.
- The program has very efficient functions that and basic and proficient, both at the same time.
- All editing features that are included with different providers are also included in Outlook Express.
- You can also add your signature to your messages.
- There is a useful stationary which will boost the look of your emails.
- Various email service accounts can be connected with Outlook Express, including Hotmail.
- The program constantly checks for new emails so there is no need for constant logging in and out of your email provider’s page.
- Outlook Express has a powerful security system that is able to block all kinds of potentially harmful pictures or attachments that might damage your device and your system.
- Another thing that makes the software so popular is that it supports not only Microsoft Windows operating systems but also Mac OS.
- The program requires a minimum amount of resources from your system so if your device is older, you won’t have problems accessing your emails and information.
- You can use your Windows’ address book and integrate it with your Outlook Express.
- Another useful feature is the Calendar, included with Outlook Express. You can create your records, schedule meetings and different activities.
- Also, all outgoing and incoming emails will be absolutely protected from spyware and viruses through scanning.
- The program supports standard installation so there is no need for further guidance during the process.
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Mac OS 9
Author Note: It is completely normal that many people still prefer to use email providers such as Yahoo or Gmail, but Outlook Express should not be put further behind. Although it is not exactly the most modern one, it should not be forgotten.