OpenOffice 4.1.2 Final Release Free Download
OpenOffice for windows, or OpenOffice apache free download. I bet I won’t be wrong if I say that there isn’t a person in this world (of course, a person who is using computers or other similar devices) that hasn’t worked with the Microsoft Office Suite programs at least once. All programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and etc. – have long been famous for their numerous features but also famous for being paid. By being paid, I would like to note that there are trial versions indeed, but if you want to benefit from all features of the programs, you would need the full version.
This is why many people turn to the Apache OpenOffice suite. If you are unfamiliar with the software, this is the most popular and efficient substitute of the Microsoft Office Suite. It is an open-source software that will allow you to create word-like documents, presentations, databases, spreadsheets and much more. And when you don’t want to spend a fortune for all these useful little features, OpenOffice is the best alternative. Completely free and with all necessary and important tools, one could possibly need, this is the top substitute for all paid programs of its kind.
Key Features Apache OpenOffice
- The most important feature of OpenOffice is completely free – there are no hidden costs, trial periods or license fees.
- It is released under the Apache 2.0 license so you can use the software not only for personal purposes but also for commercial and educational purposes.
- Another important feature is that you can create as many copies of the program as you like.
- OpenOffice works on all popular operating systems – not only Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows.
- It also supports more than 170 languages which are being regularly updated.
- Unlike other similar programs, OpenOffice supports a variety of file formats, including those of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- The Writer program is a word processor with numerous features.
- Impress is perfect for people who wish to create amazing multimedia presentations.
- You can create different kinds of spreadsheets with Calc.
- With Math, you can create various mathematical equations.
- For creating 3D images and diagrams, OpenOffice has a program called Draw.
- The base is generally used for creating reports, forms, tables and much more.
- You can also install various extensions and templates for more advanced experience with the program.
- People prefer OpenOffice as it has similar features and options as with the Microsoft Office Suite so there is no need for a further introduction to the program.
- It is very easy to have it installed – you just have to follow the install wizard and you will be done in no time.
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Max OS X (x86-64 only)
- GNU/ Linux
Author Note: We cannot deny that the Microsoft Office Suite is the most popular multiplatform software of its kind, but it is the most popular paid one as well. Stay ahead of the technology game at all times with Microsoft.