AVG Internet Security 2016 free download for windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
One of the greatest challenges associated with using a PC to surf the net is its susceptibility to malicious agents such as viruses, spyware and the like, which are capable of constituting a great threat to a computer system. Often, these malicious agents, also known as malware, corrupt the hard disk boot sector and even files on a PC when executed. It has therefore become a great task on the part of every computer user who do not want to fall victim of this destructive intruder, to install and regularly update an antivirus software package in order to militate against all sorts of computer infections.
Developed by the AVG Technologies, AVG internet security 2016 previously known as AVG, is arguably one of the best antivirus software package available out there. It ensures maximum security against viruses, Trojans, rootkits, spyware and every other infective agent associated with the day-to-day computer usage. The package is available for computers operating on windows, Android and MacOS operating systems. Historically, it had its first launch in Czech Republic in 1992 from where it grew in leaps and bounds to North America, Europe and now, worldwide. Interestingly, as of today, the proprietor of this software reports that not less than 200 million computers make use of this software worldwide.
Viruses on Computer?
We know and have heard of viral diseases in plants and animals but what about computer viruses? Are there literal microorganisms also trying to invade our computer system? Well, computer viruses are to a large degree, different from those in plants and animals. Computer viruses operate on the principle of social engineering deceptions which takes advantage of the vulnerability of security setup to invade, infect and multiply. Typical of a biological virus, it also cannot multiply itself unless as it gets in contact with the files on your computer system
The main target of most computer viruses are Windows operating systems. The difficulty in handling most viruses is that many of them have developed mechanisms to evade detection by most antiviruses. And so, as each antivirus has to be up-to-date to be fully equipped to detect and delete any virus.
It is important to note that all computer viruses are man-made. As earlier stated, developers of viruses take advantage of a loophole in the security of a computer OS and as such, penetrate the system through this loophole. There are very many objectives upon which viruses are manufactured. To some, it is a profit making venture while others deliberately create viruses to send personal or political message to unsolicited recipients. Some viruses are developed by certain individuals to show to a company that their system is not safe or perfect. For whatever reason it may have been fabricated, it has surely done more harm than any good.
As a response to this unwanted malicious agents, many companies sprang up to curb this menace and the result is the many antiviruses now available, AVG internet security 2016 being one.
AVG Internet Security 2016 Features
- Assured Protection for Your Computer. With its latest security features, AVG blocks all viruses, malware and spyware capable of corrupting your files and system
- Online Shield. This prevents and protects your PC from harmful online downloads
- Improved Firewall. This prevents hackers from hijacking your information while shopping online
- Data Safe. It ensures that your data are encrypted and protected by a password
- This feature removes, stops and prevents worms, Trojans and viruses from spreading thereby ensuring that your Data are in your control and not someone else’s.
- Link Protection. All your internet application links such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are periodically scanned to fish out malware and viruses. Equally, this feature assess the safety of the websites you visit to prevent possible infection.
- File Shredder. Already infected filed safely deleted by this feature.
- Schedule Scanning. You can program the time and date including frequency at which you would like your AVG antivirus to resume scanning. This feature ensures that even you don’t remember doing the manual scanning, once programmed, the command would be carried out and you can be assured of adequate protection.
- Gaming Mode. AVG antivirus 2016 latest version running underground while you are playing a game on your PC can result in a lag or frame rate reduction. However, with this feature, all updates and/or scheduled scans are turned off to avoid this.
Procedures for Installation
- It is essential you make sure all internet connections on your system are turned off prior to installing it.
- Download the software from AVG official website, avg.com and extract the .exe file which you would run
- Install the software by following the simple required steps. Should you install the trial version, please note that access would be limited to certain days. But to enjoy it for a long time, you can purchase an activation key
- After activation, turn on your internet connection to update the antivirus definition base. After updating, perform your first scan on your PC. It must be noted that in order to get the best out of any antivirus package, regular update has to be done so that its database is well equipped for maximum protection.
- It is lightweight and highly efficient
- Can check various social media networking sites
- It has a comprehensive feature to meet everyday computer security needs
- The installation can take a considerable long time
- Activating the full version comes at a price.
- As of every other antivirus, AVG requires regular internet connection for updating it
In today’s computer world, getting a reliable antivirus running on one’s PC isn’t just a wish, it is a must. You’ve got to accept some files using hardware like flash drives or USB all of which are potential sources of malware, spyware and the like. And apart from that, every time you make use of your computer to browse, you are exposed to lots of risks. There is however one antivirus that can be trusted, and that’s AVG. the 2016 version is particularly loaded with features just sufficient enough to get you shielded. It is lightweight and very easy to use. The inbuilt scanner is not only fast but also efficient. You are definitely not making a wrong choice with an updated AVG internet security 2016 running on your PC.
AVG Internet Security 2016 full version latest download is here>>